1. Students and teachers choose different ways to identify conflicts in their school environment Romania - BG
It is important to help individuals identify their basic needs in a conflict situation because this will help them to analyze their behavior and adopt behavior that will not only end the conflict, but also satisfy their need(s).
2. The Peer Mediation Training RO - BG
The Peer Mediation program believes that conflict is normal. The Peer Mediation program helps students find peaceful ways to solve problems and also believes that students are responsible persons and can solve their own problems, given appropriate teaching and guidance.
Why Peer Mediation?
- Effect on Student Disposition:Leadership, Perspective Taking, Empathy, Tolerance
- Effect on School Climate:Fewer Small Fussings, Willingness to Problem-Solve, Less Dependence upon Adult Intervention,Student Empowerment Peer mediation programs benefit both the students who use the mediation process to resolve their conflicts and the students who participate in the program as peer mediators.
3. Conflict Resolution Education Program RO - BG
School Conflict Resolution Program includes certain components that are intended to help develop critical skills or abilities for constructive conflict management:
- an understanding of conflict
- principles of conflict resolution (win-win interest-based problem-solving)
- process steps in problem-solving (for example, agreeing to negotiate and establishing ground rules for the negotiation, gathering information about the conflict, exploring possible solution options, selecting solution options, and reaching agreement)
- skills required to use each of these steps effectively (for example, active listening, reframing, understanding, and factoring into the process the impact that cultural differences have on the dispute).
Goals of CRE Programs:
- Create a Safe Learning Environment
- Create a Constructive Learning Environment
- Improve Classroom Management
- Enhance Studentsí Social and Emotional Development
- Create a Constructive Conflict Community
Ideally, all students, school personnel, parents, and community members who work with youth should receive conflict management skills training.